Senior IC Layout Designer 5511
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we've also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Layout team within the Edinburgh branch of Cirrus Logic for a Layout Design Engineer to help with the implementation and development of layout tools and processes. To be successful in this role you will use your first level layout experience to support design engineers and physical design engineers. You will also be confident in identifying areas for possible improvements and providing input into block/chip level project schedules. In return, you will work in a dynamic, global organisation with a fantastic and innovative work culture!
- Solving layout design issues and applying proactive intervention
- Proactively work with design engineers to achieve efficient circuit performance
- Design analog & mixed-signal layouts
- Understand device matching techniques
- Understand signal conditioning/protection techniques
- Excellent collaboration skills, including written and verbal communication
- Outstanding layout planning and integration skills
- Experience in routing at the block level and chip top-level using assisted/automated tools
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Electronic/IC layout CAD specialisation or related program and proven experience of IC layout design.
- Ability to layout analog circuitry in a size/time constrained environment
- Understand layout techniques such as common centroid, matching, isolation, shielding, and the use of dummy devices
- Solid understanding of ESD, Latch-up, STI, WPE, electro-migration, IR drop, cross-coupling capacitance, DFM, and Antenna effect
- Ability to solve design problems while using a combination of technical skills, intuition, and creativity
- Proficiency in floor planning activities with block assembly, and block-level routing
- LVS trouble shooting and debug skills
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Great teammate and works well with others
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BS Degree in Electronics Engineering or related program
- Comfortable with multiple IC design CAD tools and foundry PDKs
- Demonstrated ability to contribute ideas for improved efficiency and automation of layout tasks
- Knowledge of analog, digital, and mixed-signal fundamentals
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.