Graduate Validation Engineer 6326
We have an incredible opportunity for a hardworking engineer to join our Validation Engineering team. You will be a valued member of the post-silicon validation team focused on bringing ground-breaking Mixed Signal chips to market. Our high-performance chips enable an incredible user experience with highly integrated, platform level functionality while delivering lowest power consumption and highest efficiency.
You will work in a fast paced, multifaceted, and creative environment and quickly become a valued team member. We are proud of our dynamic and creative culture, where ideas are listened to, and collaboration is part of our nature. Our benefits offering includes an on-site gym, deli, development driven by you, and an environment that rivals the best in the world. Join us now on our global journey, where we strive to push limits and build ground-breaking technology for consumer markets across the globe!
- Develop and execute tests on the lab bench per the validation plan during pre-silicon and post-silicon phases of the product to ensure functionality and performance as per the datasheet
- Think beyond the datasheet and around design corners to find elusive bugs.
- Able to think of test cases and customer usage models that may violate the assumptions of designers and systems engineers.
- Develop automated test framework, regression test suites in Python and/or LabVIEW to optimise validation efficiency.
- Work with validation peers to implement standard methodologies and continuous improvements to Cirrus Logic validation methodologies
- Collaborate closely with IC Design engineers, System Engineers, and Application Engineers to understand requirements and use cases
- Debug analog/digital silicon issues, board issues and Validation software/hardware tools issues.
- Analyse test results and identify failures/defects using business intelligence tools such as Spotfire.
- Synthesise RTL designs targeted to custom Xilinx FPGA platforms, test and debug the FPGA model and perform full-chip emulation on FPGA platform
- Design silicon validation board schematics and bring-up the platforms.
- Develop and work with supporting HW (FPGA, DSP, ARM, 8051, JTAG, debuggers) and SW (C, Assembly, scripts) collateral.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Computer Science or other related subject areas, and/or relevant proven experience in a related field
- Sound electrical engineering knowledge in analog, digital, power electronics or audio engineering. This includes mixed signal building blocks such as ADC, DAC, PLLs, amplifiers, signal processing and measurement, IC control/communication protocols
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analysers, spectrum analysers for measurement and debugging issues
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail - you will need to understand silicon, board and software interactions
- A highly driven approach to problem solving
- Good communicator and team player
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Proven background in niche areas such as post silicon validation, mixed-signal IP block design/validation, audio related signal processing, power management and algorithm, validation related automation framework
- Experience in various automation framework hardware tools (FPGA, DSP, NI Data Acquisition) or software tools/languages (Scripting languages such as Python, SQL, test sequencers such as NI Teststand, Spotfire, schematic capture tools).
- Experience in automation and scripting/programming languages such as MATLAB, LabVIEW, C, Python or similar
- Shown proficiency in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, I2S, TDM or high-speed control/data bus as examples
- Experience in version control tools such as Preforce and Git
This position is based in Edinburgh
This is a hybrid position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.