Validation Engineering Technician 5961
We’re looking for a hard-working Validation & Characterisation Technician to join us at Cirrus Logic. You will be supporting the development of validation and characterisation test solutions for high volume manufacture of sophisticated mixed signal semiconductors. You will have the opportunity to work in a truly global environment, with exceptional benefits available in return. This is a great opportunity to be part of an organisation operating at the forefront of cutting-edge technology, working on exciting products alongside a committed team.
- Support the Validation Engineering team with test setups.
- Setup and execute automated tests in the lab using automated scripting environment
- Assist with the introduction of new automated test hardware
- Debug test setup issues and debug/develop test scripts
- Maintain lab equipment and engineering boards
- Procure and manage lab consumables required by the team
- Implement and document lab procedures
Required Skills and Qualifications
- An Electrical, Electronic Engineering national qualification or equivalent
- Lab or technician level experience
- Encouraged to be a self-motivated individual with an ability to work with minimal supervision and with a strong focus for on-time delivery.
- Good team player with open, clear and precise communication skills.
- Ability to read/interpret circuit board schematics, specification docs, rework instructions
- Experience working with lab equipment (eg Audio Precision, NI STS, oscilloscopes, multimeters and power supplies)
- Experience working with lab test setups such as evaluation boards, cables/connectors, connecting boards to test equipment
- Organisational skills to record, organise, and report validation setups and results in relevant methods
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Basic software knowledge in programming such as C or scripting language such as Python
- Experience with schematic tools such as Mentor Graphics PADS or Xpedition
This position is based in Edinburgh
This is a hybrid remote position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.