Entry Level IC Layout Designer 5536
At Cirrus Logic, mixed-signal engineering drives our company. We develop high-performance, low-power signal processing solutions in audio, voice and haptics, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we've also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
We have a great opportunity for a versatile Entry Level Analogue Layout Engineer to support our growing design team in the UK. You will have the opportunity to develop industry leading mixed-signal SOCs for consumer markets and become part of an organisation operating at the forefront of cutting-edge technology. In return, we offer a unique environment where contribution is heavily rewarded! This role can be based in our Edinburgh or Newbury offices.
- Participate in the ASIC product development process
- Use layout techniques to create and verify circuits on silicon to meet the specification in the agreed timescale
- Work in a supervised partnership with analogue design engineers, and other engineering teams to ensure an accurate physical implementation of analog circuits.
- Contribute to the development of new layout tools / techniques / methodologies and processes.
- Participate in project meetings and design reviews.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (and/or equivalent and proven background) in Electronics / Electrical Engineering, Physics or relevant STEM subject
- Strong numerical ability
- Basic understanding of analog circuit theory
- Basic understanding of analogue and digital components
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- Knowledge of semiconductor physics & semiconductor manufacturing processes
- An innovative, creative, lateral thinking problem solver
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to interpret results
- Able to work to tight and variable time scales
- Strong ability to relay complex information and collaborate with diverse teams using high level communication skills
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.