Senior MCU Validation Engineer PC-5757
As a Senior MCU Validation Engineer, You will be a valued member of the pre-silicon emulation/post-silicon validation team focused on bringing innovative Mixed Signal processing chips to market. Our high-performance chips enable an incredible mixed-signal experience with highly integrated, platform level functionality while delivering the lowest power consumption and highest efficiency.
- Ability to think of test cases and customer usage model that may violate the assumptions of designers and systems engineers
- Design and develop bare-metal firmware to support pre-silicon, post-silicon, test, infrastructure, boot, ROM, and characterization.
- Actively participate in chip design and architecture reviews and identify areas of weakness in designs and recommend Design-for-Validation (DFV) hooks to improve validation coverage and efficiency
- Architect and drive implementation of continuous improvements to validation infrastructure to enable improved validation efficiency and coverage
- Develop automated test framework, regression test suites in Python to optimize validation efficiency
- Develop and execute tests on the lab bench per the validation plan during pre-silicon and post-silicon phases of the product to ensure functionality and performance as per the datasheet
- Debug analog/digital silicon issues, board issues and Validation software/hardware tools issues
- Analyze test results and identify failures/defects using business intelligence tools such as Spotfire
- Expand coverage across multiple devices and FW targets
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 7+ years of experience in related field OR MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 5+ years of experience
- 5+ years working as a firmware, embedded systems, or application engineer for embedded SoCs including experience with microprocessors, microcontrollers, DMAs, and communications peripherals.
- Excellent Embedded SW programming skills including Python, C or C++
- Knowledge of ARM, 8051, x86, or DSP processors and embedded system architectures
- Expertise in Validation automation and scripting/programming languages such as C, Python or similar
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers for measurement and debugging issues
- Advanced electrical engineering knowledge in analog, digital, power electronics or audio engineering. This includes mixed signal building blocks such as ADC, DAC, PLLs, amplifiers, signal processing and measurement, IC control/communication protocols
- Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail are highly valued as you will need to understand silicon, board and software interactions
- Highly dynamic, energetic and driven personality with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work across functional groups and organization
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Some ARM assembly experience
- Knowledge of ARM application processors and Keil development environment using ETM debuggers
- Experience programming DSPs with fixed-point C or assembly for efficient implementations
- Demonstrated aptitude in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, I2S, TDM or high-speed control/data bus as examples
This position is located in Austin, TX
This is a hybrid position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.