Applications Engineer 5837
At Cirrus Logic, we develop high-performance, low power signal processing solutions, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we've also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
This position is part of the Applications Engineering team that is passionate about bringing leading edge Mixed Signal Audio devices to market. You will play a fundamental role in bringing to market next-generation devices for Cirrus’ growing audio business and ensuring that our customers can easily and effectively integrate our devices into their end products.
- Provide direct engineering support for Cirrus Logic customers and field personnel
- Develop reference designs and demonstration platforms
- Develop application notes, white papers, demo-board, and reference-design manuals
- Develop firmware and RTL modules for customer reference and demonstration
- Implement customer-application focused data collection and circuit analysis
- Contribute to next-generation audio product definition
- Collaborate and communicate closely with IC Design engineers, Systems engineers and Validation engineers to understand and define design requirements and customer use cases.
- Autonomously manage tasks and priorities
- Travel approximately 2 weeks per year, domestic and international
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or relevant STEM subject
- Mixed-signal hardware and audio-related backgrounds are strongly preferred
- Exposure in component selection, schematic entry and knowledge of PCB layout design.
- Familiarity with scripting/programming language such as Verilog, C, Python, MATLAB or similar
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.