Digital Design Engineer 5844-wd
Cirrus Logic are looking for talented Digital IC Design Engineers to help drive the next generation of technologies and products, to serve new and exciting opportunities in wearable health and medical diagnostics. As part of a highly collaborative team, you will be responsible for the development of extreme low-power, high-performance mixed-signal IC’s in advanced CMOS processes, specified to drive transformational change in these new applications and markets.
This is a key position in a lively, exciting, and dynamic environment, suited to a candidate with a growth mindset, a strong passion for learning, and a can-do attitude
- Development of digital subsystems; from concept, architecture, design, design integration through to production, with an awareness of competing solutions and commercial pressures.
- Make a significant contribution to all phases of the project from business and resource planning, market definition, through to development and product delivery.
- Modelling of advanced signal processing functions and subsystems in Matlab/Simulink.
- Design, development, and Verilog RTL coding of a variety of digital and DSP/processor IP blocks.
- Conversion of modelled functions, developed IP blocks, and digital subsystems to final designs for integration into real-world product.
- Support tape-out and post-silicon activities including validation, characterization, and production test.
- Hands-on lab evaluation, silicon learning, and debug.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s, Master's or Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering and/or equivalent with an extensive proven background in digital CMOS circuit design.
- Deep understanding of digital design flows including architecture, RTL design, verification, and synthesis.
- Experience designing and verifying complex state-machines that are incorporated into mixed signal designs.
- In-depth knowledge of Verilog RTL language.
- Experience in integrating 3rd party IP.
- Experience in ultra-low power design techniques in aggressive geometry nodes.
- Organized and detailed with strong communication skills.
- Possess outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Results-oriented and thrive in a dynamic environment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with mixed-signal design, simulation, and verification.
- Experience with back-end flow including synthesis, place and route, and timing analysis.
- Experience generating functional test vectors for PTE.
- Basic understanding of CMOS transistors.
- Strong lab and silicon validation skills.
This position is based in the Edinburgh office
This hybrid remote position will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.