Software Tools Engineer - Core Tools WB-5876
As a key member of our Software Tools team, you will empower product groups throughout Cirrus to deliver the world-class cross-platform desktop tools that our customers need to integrate Cirrus solutions into their consumer electronics devices. You will work closely with our UX Team and Internal Users to deliver regular improvements to applications and built-in suites of sophisticated, general-purpose, diagnostic tools. You will develop and maintain the plugin SDKs, enabling other teams within Cirrus to rapidly create rich, interactive, graphical configuration and tuning tools vital for our customers.
- Work within a globally-distributed software team to develop advanced desktop applications, APIs, SDKs and IDE plugins, delivered on both Windows and Mac using a blend of Java, Python and C#
- Work independently or with other team members to design, develop and test new software features that make the authoring of graphical configuration and tuning experiences for our chips easier and more efficient.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of your team’s development processes, with a focus on quality, scalability and performance.
- Participate in Development Team activities, including daily stand-ups, requirement breakdown and estimates, and project planning.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2+years of meaningful experience
- Proven background in the development of high quality software, full lifecycle
- Track record of non-trivial application development for the desktop or for smartphones
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills
- Strong grasp of multi-threaded systems, multi-process systems, IPC
- Expert in Java, C#, C++ or similar statically-typed system language
- Familiarity with Python, Ruby or similar system scripting language
- Eagerness to work iteratively and collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with users, both internal and external to the company
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Working experience with development and testing of embedded systems
- Experience with build automation, deployment and continuous integration methodologies
- JavaFX, Swing, XAML/.NET, Qt or similar high-level UI frameworks
- IDE plugin creation
- Application installer creation
- Gradle or Maven
- Agile development
This position is located in Austin, TX
This is a hybrid remote position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preference. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate prior to beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.