Analog IP Design Manager MH-6244
This is a high visibility role responsible for managing the centralized IO - Analog IP library team. In this position, you will work directly with product design leadership to set strategy, define requirements, and execute to schedules. Requires collaboration with product PMs and design managers to ensure the team delivers IP on time with high quality for in-flight programs.
The team is responsible for the design, simulation, characterization, and validation of I/O circuits, band-gap-based power on reset circuits, standard cells, de-glitch cells, delay macros, and level shifters, both dynamic and static. This included transistor-level design of the analog IP, characterization for timing, working with layout teams to get the IP on silicon, working with design teams to define the specs for the IP, developing Verilog models for the IP, and providing guidance for integration of the IP into the chip level floorplan.
- Manage, mentor & grow the design team
- Lead team in the design, simulation, and optimization of analog IP circuits
- Deliver characterization and modeling of analog IP and I/O libraries to support mixed-signal design flow
- Put flows and methodology in place to develop, release and maintain analog IP and I/O libraries and models
Required Skills and Qualifications
- This position requires 10+ years of proven experience leading engineering teams.
- Requires a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field.
- Good understanding of transistor-level circuit simulation and design.
- Understand power and speed tradeoffs in the design of analog IPs.
- Help in the design of low leakage IP’s to be used in mobile phone and IoT applications.
- Must understand layout and be able to guide layout engineers
- Proficiency with Cadence schematic capture, layout, and simulation tools
- Effective oral and written communication is a must
- Experience in IBIS model generation is a plus
This position is located in Austin, TX
This is a hybrid position and will follow a 2+ day in-office work schedule, with in-office days based on business needs and team preferences. You must be based within commutable distance of the work location listed on the job posting, or willing to relocate before beginning employment with Cirrus Logic.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best-qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience, and performance. We do not discriminate based on race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.