Materials Planner 5847
At Cirrus Logic, we develop high-performance, low power signal processing solutions, delivering innovative end-user experiences and solving difficult challenges for new generations of mobile and consumer devices. While breaking the innovation barrier, we've also built an award-winning company culture, thanks to our extraordinary workforce and our ongoing efforts to champion and promote diversity, as well as our principles of equality and fairness in the workplace. Do you enjoy working alongside the industry's top engineers and solving sophisticated challenges for the world's top consumer brands? Join our team and help us continue to make this an exceptional place to work!
We have a great opportunity for a Materials Planner to join our Edinburgh based Engineering Services team. You will be a dedicated, self-directed individual with experience in materials planning for a PCB design/PCB assembly/prototype build function. You will be contributing directly to the core of the business taking designs from layout to completion. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a truly global organisation at the forefront of bleeding-edge technology.
- Primary responsibility of this position is to take designs from layout through the entire quoting, purchasing and build processes, to delivering complete product.
- Additional responsibilities include mitigating and maintaining lead time parts inventory, quoting, negotiating inventory costs and timelines with distributors and vendors, ensuring all materials are available for prototype and production builds.
- Initiate purchase requisitions for Electronic components, PCBs and PCB Assemblies
- Compile and release build information to subcontractors
- Organise and ship free issue kits for builds
- Monitor stock levels and replenish stock as required
- Track progress of purchase orders through distributors and sub-con manufacturers and report progress to internal customers
- Report on any issues or slip against schedule and communicate recovery plan to interested parties
- Manage portal for incoming work requests.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience purchasing and sourcing electronic components, PCBs & assemblies.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel experience.
- Excellent understanding of revision control, implementation and dispositions.
- Ability to work in dynamic/quick turn environment.
- Prior experience with SAP or similar ERP system strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with Microsoft SharePoint advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent cognitive abilities combined with a logical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail in own work and when validating that of others.
- Demonstrate initiative and deal with constantly evolving priorities and competing demands.
At Cirrus Logic, we believe that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to encouraging an open and collaborative culture where different approaches, ideas and points of view are respected and valued. Our aim is to promote a workplace where everyone can contribute irrespective of race, colour, national origin, religion or belief, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status or disability.