Maintenance Technician II
Maintenance Technicians are responsible for the timely repair and preventative maintenance of plant equipment, including processing and filling machines, metal detectors, case erectors, packers, sealers, pasteurizers, separators, homogenizers, motors and pumps and conveying equipment.
Qualified applicants must possess tangible experience in troubleshooting mechanical / electrical breakdowns in manufacturing production equipment. Technicians must follow all established safety, GMP`s and environmental standards and adhere to all plant technical standards. Technicians must also comply with all federal, state, local and company regulations including, OSHA, FDA, EPA and SQF.
This role has a responsibility for ensuring both food safety and quality of Chobani product.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment, including by not limited to: pumps, valves, mechanical drives, separators, homogenizers, lubrication, fasteners, piping, proper tool use, motor control circuits and other manufacturing mechanical systems and processes
- Responsible for troubleshooting manufacturing equipment, and the ability to rapidly assess, analyze and resolve complicated problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity
- Follow instructions through standard work orders and perform preventative maintenance as needed
- Serve as a technical resource providing guidance and assistance to Operations personnel
- Maintain a safe work environment and demonstrate agreement to safety through day-to-day actions
- Respond to maintenance calls and work orders promptly with a coaching mentality
- Innovative and possess ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while maintaining control, focus and professionalism in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Energy, resilience, determination and strong analytical skills needed to challenge the status quo
- Identify and implement continuous improvement and reliability opportunities
- Create and complete work orders using our work order management system
- Responsible for self-management: Must bring sound interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with all levels of plant personnel
- Checks work for mistakes
- At times, work a flexible schedule as needed: Including nights, weekends, and holiday shifts
- Other tasks or projects, as assigned
- Follow Chobani safety and GMP procedures and practices
The requirements of this position include:
- Must be able to train on days for several weeks before transitioning to A,B,C or D shift
- High school Diploma, GED
- Technical Trade school certification, military applicable certifications, vocational training preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in a food production / manufacturing environment operating, repairing and/or troubleshooting issues on filling, packaging and other processing equipment. Previous dairy, food and beverage industry experience preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the technician is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day
- Must be able to periodically lift, push/pull and/or move items over 60 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to work on your feet for up to 12 Hours
- Must be able to climb ladders, work at heights, work overhead, work in confined spaces and work in very hot and very cool environments
- Must be at work on time and maintain good attendance
- Previous experience in a combination of the following systems: Pumps, Valves, Mechanical Drives, Separators, Homogenizers, Lubrication, Fasteners, Piping, Proper Tool Use, Motors and other basic mechanical systems and processes
- Practical operation of power tools and maintenance shop equipment
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics
- Work with work orders and CMMS / EAM systems in web-based computer applications
- Ability to effectively cooperate with personnel of different backgrounds and skill level
- Strong ability to create and maintain relevant documentation
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks given time constraints and ensure tasks are executed
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.