Quality Assurance Supervisor - D-Shift (6:00 PM - 6:30 AM)
In this exciting role, you will be a hands-on supervisor responsible for a wide variety of activities to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. This includes supervising and providing work direction to the Quality Assurance Technicians and Leads. Supervisor will also help to develop, implement and lead plant quality initiatives.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Responsible for QA leads and technicians in monitoring and testing a wide variety of ingredients and finished product; and scheduling, training, and performance
- Supervise microbiology laboratories and analyze and interpret results while maintaining lab safety and Good Lab Practices (GLP)
- Maintain systems for checking and verifying process compliance, including but not limited to: SPC, HACCP, Quality Systems, Formula Control, etc.
- Execute programs, communicate effectively, anticipate and react to problems so as to minimize product loss or deviations from established standards
- Ensure all analytical methods used in the laboratories are current and as per Standard Methods, as required
- Coordinate plant and laboratory equipment calibration and certification programs
- Ensure compliance to state, federal, and local regulations including personnel and milk plant licensing
- Supervise records maintenance and information analysis
- Ensure that the interface with other plant groups is conducted in a manner that is conducive with the operations’ goals
- Ensure additional accountabilities, as may be required by management, are handled in a manner necessary to meet operational standards
- Maintain lab supply levels and place orders to ensure proper inventory levels
- Ensure plant SOP’s are current and aligned with their associated analytical methods
- Present updates to upper management on status of the Quality Department or quality issues
- Follow Chobani Safety Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
The requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of quality assurance or quality control experience within a food safety environment
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience supervising
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects
- Work independently and as a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be attentive to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Since our founding over 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work®, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.