Safety and Security Supervisor
The Safety and Security Supervisor is responsible for working within the EHS and Security groups in support of key Operational and Technical initiatives. Lead, coordinate, and provide oversight of safety/security programs and processes at the facility. A key member of the site Safety Group and direct supervision over the entire security team at the Twin Falls, Idaho Manufacturing Site. Assure compliance with regulatory requirements, Chobani company policies, and continuous improvements in key identified measures and objectives.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Assist, plan and implement policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Investigate safety and security incidents and work with other departments to implement corrective actions
- Maintain regulatory record keeping including safety training records, KPI (Key Performance Indicators) and team action plans
- Respond to situations regarding injuries or other plant emergencies, this will include occasional after hours and weekends
- Strong cross-functional leadership and teamwork skills with the proven ability to set a vision, manage change and work with higher level managers to accomplish goals
- Work with all levels of staff to ensure the health and safety program and policies are understood and upheld as a priority and value
- Support the further development and implementation of safety training, behavioral based safety observations systems including response to identified outages and worksite analysis
- Conduct safety inspections that address and correct regulatory compliance, ergonomics and improve associate health and safety while also providing compliant corrective actions
- Guide and mentor Chobani leadership on incident investigations and action plan development with documented follow up
- Collaborate with Human Resources in the consistent administration of safety accountability guidelines
- Ability to use the plant surveillance system and knowledge or best practices regarding security
- Supervise security personnel and assist with scheduling, hiring, and training of security staff
- Implement and oversee site security policies to ensure rapid and appropriate response during emergency events
- Ability to analyze complex information to make appropriate decisions and judgments
- Responsible for assisting the Chobani Safety and Security Manager in assigned workload according to set time frames and guidelines
- Works productively and harmoniously with others on a consistence basis while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Respond positively to direction and criticism of performance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Must be flexible to support the hours of the manufacturing environment including nights and weekends as required
- At times, inspections and investigations will require working at heights, outdoors or in refrigerated conditions
- Will be working in the plant environment frequently
- Walking, Climbing Stairs, Hot Environments, Cold Environments, Loud Environments, Wet Environments
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods and climb stairs
- Minimal lifting requirements up to 25lbs
The requirements of this position include:
- 3-5 years of health and safety experience in a manufacturing or related environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- Experience developing and implementing safety programs for a large operation
- Experience and knowledge with worker’s compensation claims, OSHA regulations, and OSHA recordkeeping requirements
- Safety related certifications such as ASP, GSP, CSP, CSHO or SHEP a plus but not required
- Good understanding of health and safety issues, regulations, and technology which impact the processes associated with manufacturing functions
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Excellent MS Word, Excel, Power Point and computer skills
Since our founding over 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America that is expanding beyond yogurt, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what sets Chobani apart. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what sets our company apart. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work®, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.