Quality Technician (Grade 6) - Nights (6:00 PM - 6:30 AM)
The role of the Quality Technician I is to maintain quality control testing procedures, practices and standard evaluation methods that will ensure product quality and integrity to meet company standards. Technicians will be responsible for testing of all incoming milk into facility to releasing of any finished product leaving facility. Utilizes laboratory instruments and equipment to help analyze, control and minimize product variations. Performs physical, chemical and microbiological testing at different levels of the process to ensure a safe and quality product meeting standards set forth in the PMO. Conduct daily audits assuring GMP compliance from all areas of the plant from production to processing and verifying equipment meets sanitation requirements prior to and throughout production. Will also conduct environmental testing around facility including air sampling, pathogen swabbing and water sampling.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Hourly sample collection following Chobani’s sample plan
- Perform all analytical testing including but not limited too; butterfat, brix, total solids, pH, texture
- Entering samples and all analytical data into LIMS
- React to all out of specification conditions
- Perform hourly line checks to ensure all regulatory parameters are meet
- Perform drug residue testing on incoming raw milk
- Perform calibration of lab equipment
- Perform line start-up verification for all finished goods
- Perform x-ray verification challenges and understand functionality of the finished product x-ray
- Follow all company polices and safety procedures
- Perform sensory evaluation on finished product
- Follow all GMPs and GLPs as well as perform all tasks per SOP
- Be able to use computers proficiently and understand Microsoft Excel and Word
- Updates all necessary reports and gathers data for QA Shift and OOS reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Follow Chobani safety procedures
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
The requirements of this position include:
- Associates Degree with additional lab experience or Bachelor’s degree in food related or microbiology preferred
- 3-12 months of quality assurance experience; preferably within the food industry
- Has good written and verbal communication, and interpersonal and presentation skills
- Motivated to work with a team environment and a growing company
- Experience demonstrating the ability to work and contribute knowledge to cross functional teams across the business (i.e. operations, research and development)
Since our founding over 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® , our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.