Production Manager - Nights
The Production Manager is responsible for managing a cost efficient operation, focusing on continuous improvement through effective collaboration with quality, technical support, maintenance, safety and human resources. Depending on the candidate, the Production Manager may be responsible for the yogurt processing function (from raw milk receiving, raw milk separation and pasteurization, yogurt processing and separation) or the filling/packaging function for a specific product platform. This role has a responsibility for ensuring both food safety and quality of Chobani product.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Ensure safety of employees through example and accountability. Deliver KPI’s in support of the manufacturing strategy
- Support regular communication and education on safety topics
- Participate and recommend solutions related to all safety issues
- Manage product quality and food safety by working closely with the Quality and Food Safety team to ensure quality specifications of product are continually met
- Ensure effective employee communication, training and compliance on quality programs, policies and standards. Take action to address quality issues and the root cause
- Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems
- Coordinate production activities with production supervisors, maintenance/technical services and quality control
- Manage daily platform/area operations and take full ownership to ensure optimum production and utilization of staff, resources and equipment
- Recommend improvements to production methods, equipment performance and product quality
- Manage the coordination and completion of projects that improve the overall efficiency, safety and effectiveness of the assigned area
- Oversee all aspects of projects and platform/area performance
- Maintain technical knowledge and ensure depth in understanding equipment and processes
- Partner with continuous improvement leaders to implement Lean principles and practices
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to build an engaged and effective team
- Establish goals, communicate expectation and build a culture of accountability, commitment and empowerment
- Follow Chobani’s safety procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
The requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, preferably in engineering or business administration
- 5-7 years progressive leadership in a manufacturing environment
- Food/dairy processing experience preferred
- Demonstrated Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement skills
- Project management experience
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative management style
- Effective leadership skills to create a shared vision, energize others, challenge and engage team members to drive positive change
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.