Filler Operator (Grade 4) - B Shift (6:00 AM to 6:30 PM)
The Filler Operator is responsible for setting-up, operating and monitoring our Filling Machines. They ensure that the product conforms to quality standards.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Load foil lids into filler carriage, as well as make sure the right cups and foils are in the machine
- Take samples for and perform in-process product testing; work with Quality to resolve non-conformance
- Help train and oversee other operators in filling room
- Set-up various filler machines for production runs (such as entering product recipe and tracking temperature); monitor and adjust filler settings as needed
- Monitor filler speed, hopper level and cup count during production
- Identify and resolve filler issues, reset alarms and notify maintenance of issues
- Identify and eliminate non-conforming product
- Verify all filler connections prior to productions start-up and CIP
- Make sure code dates are on cups and boxes, and that they are accurate
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Follow Chobani safety procedures
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
The requirements of this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-6 months in a production environment
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.