Truck Driver (Grade 7) - Nights
Job Title: Truck Driver
A Chobani truck driver typically works a 4 day a week schedule and home daily on most occasions. The Private fleet services approximately a 300-mile radius from its central New York location delivering throughout the Northeast.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- This position is primarily responsible for safely driving a commercial vehicle and requires compliance with safety & continuous training and customer service.
- Delivering finished good to customer warehouses, picking up raw material and supplies from various location.
- Deliver liquid whey to farms and digesters, operate various types of pumps at local farms to fill tanks, ensuring there is no overflow or spillage.
- Yard jockey duty on occasion
- Fill out bill of laden and any other required paperwork
- Perform pre-trip and post trip inspections
- Follow Chobani safety procedures
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards Maintaining accurate records and logs
- Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading of freight if required by customer
- Other tasks as assigned
The requirements of this position include:
- 3 years of Tractor Trailer driving experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Tanker Endorsement
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment testing and DOT requirements.
- Provide appropriate CDL and endorsements for the position. No “E” Restrictions
- Must have Class A verifiable experience in a tractor trailer or comparable vehicle:
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.