Filler Operator (Grade 4) - D Shift (6:00 PM to 6:30 AM, Every other weekend required)
This job description is to outline the role, responsibilities, general tasks and functions of the Filler Operator on what they do in their daily operations. The Filler Operator reports to the Production Supervisor.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- The Filler Operator is responsible for anything and everything involving filling production and sanitation
- Filling Operators report to the Production Supervisor. The filler operators are involved with the following and in this order: Safety, quality, production. They manage any issues involving light weights, yogurt flavor, loading of filler materials, machine breaks and delays, following changes in filler room procedures, staying in line with Chobani values, standard and culture
- Train on and operate the machine they are assigned to efficiently
- Troubleshoot any production or machine down time issues as they arise
- Clean Production filling equipment in the filler room
- Complete tasks as needed and as indicated on Job Duties Worksheet (foam clean walls, floors, piping, electrical panels, control boxes, floor mats, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Fill out all required paperwork during their shift to include X-Ray, Control sheets, Pallet sheets, MDI boards and Cleaning check lists for the lines they are working on
- Ability to cross train and learn other pieces of equipment
- Follow Chobani safety procedures
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
The requirements of this position include:
- High school diploma/GED
- Basic math skills
- Great communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Walking on wet floors
- Be able to lift 75 lbs
- Climbing stairs
- Must be able to be on feet for long periods of time
Since our founding over 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America that is expanding beyond yogurt, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what sets Chobani apart. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what sets our company apart. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work®, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.