Intern, Controls / Automation
The Automation department is seeking a Controls/Automation Intern at our South Edmeston, NY location. Projects can involve continuous improvement efforts, data collection and validation, reporting services, PLC or HMI programming.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Modifications to PLCs
- Modifications/upgrades to HMI/Operator interface
- Use PLC and HMI programs to update verbiage on faults for packaging and filling equipment (reduced downtime by better troubleshooting)
- KDB PLC program documentation
- Password migrations to PLC based
- Functional and controls engineering documents
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements of this position include:
- Controls/Automation Interns should be enrolled in a Bachelor’s program and studying Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, or related discipline) and currently in 2nd year or higher
- PLC experience in the Rockwell platform is preferred, but other platforms (Siemens, Mitsubishi, Schneider, etc.) would be acceptable
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- Should possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to those with limited technical background
- Attention to detail and ability to produce reports with minimal rework
Since our founding over 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work®, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws