Sales Manager - U.S. and Canada
Chief Agri is seeking a Sales Manager to join the Chief management team in Kearney, Nebraska. In this position, you will be responsible for supervising and organizing the North American sales team. Additionally, you will be responsible for all U.S. and Canadian sales activities.
- Build, maintain, and direct an efficient, well-trained, and effective field sales organization.
- Develop, recommend, and implement General Manager policies and programs related to a variety of topics (e.g., size and type of sales organization, product lines, distribution channels and programs, prices, sales objectives by product and geographical area, new product development and improvement of current products).
- Establish and execute sales programs in accordance with company policy.
- Create and assign sales objectives to territory managers, evaluate performance in their attainment, and take necessary steps to bring results in line with objectives.
- Organize and recommend procedures affecting sales, prices, terms, discounts, allowances on returned goods, sales, and technical service.
- Plan and conduct sales meeting for the purpose of educating, training, and stimulating the sales organization.
- Develop and maintain a program for recruitment, training, and ongoing development programs for dealers and sales personnel.
- Approve departmental travel and selling expenses and monitor discounts, review related monthly reports, and institute remedial action when expense policies are violated.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales and marketing or business management preferred
- At least 5 years of experience working in sales or marketing
- Proven experience managing, hiring, and leading is desired
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Agri originated in 1961 and offers a full line of aeration and material handling products to help grain producers minimize storage costs and maximize the selling price of their commodities. Manufactured to exacting standards using heavy-duty materials and innovative designs, Chief grain conditioning, handling, and storage systems are sold throughout the world and have a reputation for providing many long years of dependable service.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and PTO
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more