Drafting Career Exploration Program
Chief Buildings is currently seeking candidates for our Drafting Career Exploration Program. The purpose of this program is to provide insight and exposure to some of the day-to-day tasks performed by a Drafting Apprentice at Chief Buildings. Your participation in this program allows management staff at Chief an opportunity to identify your individual skills and strengths in order to determine if you are the right fit for a drafting career with Chief.
THIS IS A PAID 12 HOUR PROGRAM. Participants will receive $300 upon completion of the course. Additionally, participants who complete the program and apply for a job with Chief Buildings will receive a $500 Sign-On Bonus if they are hired and accept a position with us.
The Program consists of:
- An exploratory session about drafting opportunities at Chief Buildings. These sessions will be held on Tuesday, November 2 and Thursday, November 4 from 5:30 - 7:30 PM. Applicants need only attend one of the two sessions, as the same information will be presented in both sessions.
- Two training sessions covering metal building terminology and drafting processes. These sessions will each be four hours long, and will be held on Saturday, November 6 Saturday, November 13 from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Attendance at both of these sessions will be required for successful completion of the program.
- Completion of assigned tests and coursework.
- A two hour job shadow session at Chief Buildings.
- Interviews for those who decide to apply for a drafting position with Chief Buildings upon completion of the program.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Spatial Intelligence
- Mathematical Aptitude – Trigonometry a plus
- AutoCAD experience a plus
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of construction solutions for customers located throughout the United State since 1966. Specific applications include manufacturing, commercial, community and agricultural buildings. Each structure is designed to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.