Chief Fabrication is seeking a Buyer to join the Chief team. This position will coordinate procurement of material and production components needed for fabrication of sales requirements.
- Place purchase orders and/or raise work orders to maintain optimal stocking levels for all manufactured and purchased goods in line with changing customer demands.
- Negotiate orders and delivery to establish best overall outcome for the company.
- Build relationships with our various suppliers.
- Maintain a smooth flow of raw materials, buyouts to meet fabrication schedules using ERP, MRP and purchase order system for production scheduling, materials planning and delivery requirements.
- Follow up on back orders and past due orders and communicate with end users the status of their orders and expected delivery dates.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- 3 + years working experience in purchasing, procurement and supply change management.
- Working knowledge of metal fabrication procurement demands a plus.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Fabrication is one of the leading midwest providers of custom steel fabrication and powder coating, equipped to make any component. Chief Fabrication is one of the largest operations of its kind between Chicago and Denver, offering such steel fabrication services as stamping, welding, CNC punching, and CNC forming to manufacturers throughout the Midwest. It also offers one of the most state-of-the-art powder coating facilities in the United States.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.