Chief Construction is seeking an Architectural Drafter to join the Chief team. This position will perform complex drafting and design projects under the direction of a Professional Architect. Conceives and draws preliminary and construction documents for new or modified projects.
- Works closely with Architect, Sales, Estimating, and customers in preparation of final working drawings once project is sold.
- Prioritizes daily work to complete drawings in a timely manner, with proper attention to accuracy, neatness, and readability.
- Displays a high level of competency and creativity in performance of duties, utilizing efficient combination of computer aided (Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup) and conventional drafting methods.
- Assists Architect, Sales, Estimating, and field personnel with construction and architectural details relating to responsibilities.
- Keeps current on new developments in architectural drawing methods; recommends and implements improvements where appropriate.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires knowledge of architectural drafting and design and construction methods
- 1-3 years’ related experience or associate's degree in drafting
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Construction has been your premier construction company in the Midwest since 1954. As design/build, general contracting, and construction management specialists, we focus on the entire process from concept through completion. Our success in the commercial, industrial, manufacturing, and institutional buildings segments can be attributed to our years of experience and to the use of the latest technological advances in planning, design, engineering, specifications, and construction.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.