Chief Buildings is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join the Chief team. This position oversees the installation, repair, and upkeep of facility’s equipment, and building structure. This person is responsible for ensuring equipment integrity and minimizing production downtime. This position will also contribute to budgeting, setting goals and expectations that strive for continued improvements in all aspects of manufacturing, while considering the well-being of Chief Industries, the Building Plant, and all personnel.
- Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create a schedule that meets both internal and external needs
- Monitor and track causes of production downtime and implement solutions to resolve future downtime
- Develop and maintain a formal Preventative Maintenance Program for plant
- Maintain, upgrade, and enforce safety policies and procedures
- Ensure company compliance with all government regulations regarding assigned areas of responsibility
- Manages all labor costs and determine whether work is to be completed in-house or outsourced, while keeping in mind the overall competencies of the plant maintenance staff
- Direct workers, or assists in diagnosing malfunctions in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Industrial Management, or Supervision experienced preferred
- 5 or more years of industrial electricity experience, familiar with working in an industrial environment
- Preferred experienced in PLC control method, welding, blueprint reading, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Must be a problem solver, decision maker, and multitasker
- Provide open line of communications to and from management, supervisors, subordinate staff, and all employees
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of construction solutions for customers located throughout the United State since 1966. Specific applications include manufacturing, commercial, community and agricultural buildings. Each structure is designed to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.