Apprentice - Welder
Chief Buildings is seeking a Welder Apprentice to join our team. Apprentice Welders are entry-level professionals developing their skills regarding the trade. Apprentice will work closely with lead people and designated mentors.
Responsibilities, Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- This is a registered apprenticeship through the Career Pathways Institute. Only students through Career Pathways Institute can apply.
- Basic computer and writing skills.
- Basic math skills including fractions and decimals.
- Have a basic understanding of hand tools including tape measure, squares, protractors.
- Performs all duties in safe and efficient manner, utilizing required safety equipment. Keeps work area neat and orderly. Reports unsafe conditions to supervisors.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
Once trained you will;
- Maintain D1.1 qualifications in accordance with company required America Welding Society (AWS) certifications.
- Meet or exceed the minimum Ultrasonic Inspection (UT) pass ratio requirement within a selected time period.
- Have the ability to interpret fabrication drawings.
- Be capable of maintaining compliance to all quality control procedures and standards.
- Have the ability to maximize quantity of assigned work completed.
- Properly complete all routine paperwork and computer data entry related to the job responsibilities.
- Be fully knowledgeable of the capacities and proper operation of assigned equipment including knowledge of all applicable company and specific code welding standards and procedures.
- Have the ability to operate overhead cranes and/or forklifts.
- Be provided with additional training opportunities to further your career.
- Dependent on student’s schedule
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**