Desktop Infrastructure Technician
Chief Industries’ Corporate Office is seeking a Desktop Infrastructure Technician to join the Chief team. This position provides technical support and advice to system users; installs, modifies, and makes repairs to personnel’s computer hardware and software systems. Requires the employee to have good communication skills.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex computer problems for end users. Recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Record and manage equipment sent to repair depots for equipment under warranty or service contracts.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to end-user devices based on software technical specifications.
- Collaborate with network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s end-user computing environment.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, service desk tickets, email, or chat regarding equipment incidents.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, and then provide performance statistics and reports when required from vendor.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, network cards, and other components and equipment as needed.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience in Helpdesk Environment.
- 1-2 Industry Standard Certifications.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
Chief Corporate office is dedicated to supporting our business units by offering human resource, accounting, technology, and marketing services. The goal of the corporate office is to be an extension of the business units and offer them unparalleled personal attention to meeting their daily business objectives.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**