Chief Construction is seeking a Project Manager to join the Chief team. This position ensures that projects are planned, coordinated, and completed in a timely, efficient, effective, and profitable manner. The Project Manager will be held responsible for all aspects related to his or her projects.
- Works with the Marketing & Estimating team to create proposals, RFP’s, budgets, and estimates for projects.
- Negotiates contracts with prospective clients.
- Oversees that all established procedures and policies are followed in regard to safety and protection of company assets.
- Promotes and protects the good name of Chief Industries within the community and surrounding area.
- Maintains good communication with all departments within the division in order to have a thorough knowledge of the work in progress.
- Attends all project meetings and coordinates the execution of project requirements with a project coordinator and project superintendent.
- Competitively procures materials, equipment, and subcontracts. Performs a detailed review of the bids received to enable the buy-out of the project at or below the amount(s) in the original estimate.
- Generates subcontracts and purchase orders for material items required for the construction of projects under contract.
- Coordinates with Project Superintendent all RFI’s. Ensures that all field RFI’s have been properly entered in the Procore or submittal exchange software. Reviews the RFI log to ensure that all open items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Maintains confidentiality of proposed projects and costs.
- Approves all subcontractor and supplier invoices prior to the project billing cut- off date while verifying the amount, cost-code to be charged, and disclosed material/sub-subcontractors.
- Monitors and maintains the project schedule with the project superintendent including interaction with subcontractors, material suppliers, and other vendors.
- Processes Change Orders for all approved Change Requests. Ensure that all Change Requests have an executed Change Order prior to proceeding. Adjusts projections, project schedules, and other change order requirements in a timely manner. Ensures that all subcontractor change orders are executed prior to approving the pay application.
- Monitors cost issues daily and adjusts projections as required to ensure projected costs are true and an accurate account of final project costs in relationship to original estimate.
- Assists in the determination of contingency amounts at the time of project closings.
- Maintains a good relationship with the customer during construction of the project and ensures they are happy with the job and progress.
- Responsible for the coordination of the entire project along with the Project Superintendent, Project Coordinator, Accounting department, and division management to ensure all projects are completed within budget and on time or ahead of schedule.
- Manages complete Project folder within Procore.
- Assists in preparing all close-out documentation and ensure that the punch list is completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Quickly and properly follows-up on all leads in a very professional manner within 24 hours.
- Communicates ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management
- Minimum 5 five years’ experience required
- Must possess OSHA 10-hour certificate, successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, and possess a valid driver's license
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Construction has been your premier construction company in the Midwest since 1954. Our team manages every facet of the plan including initial concept, site selection, design, securing permits, construction and final evaluation of the finished project.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**