Tool Crib Buyer
Chief Buildings is seeking a 1st shift Tool Crib Buyer to join the Chief team. This position requires research to purchase quality products and materials to maintain or improve manufacturing efficiency. Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate for the best price. Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Create purchase orders
- Maintain inventory and stock levels of consumables items for production
- Perform minor maintenance repairs
- Tag/label received items properly into tool crib inventory area
- Investigate and correct accounting/billing issues with vendors and accounting department
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Good computer knowledge
- Valid driver’s license required
- Good communication and phone skills
- 2 years’ experience in manufacturing
- Basic mechanical background
- Self-motivated to seek improvements
- 1st Shift 6:00am – 4:30pm
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of construction solutions for customers located throughout the United State since 1966. Specific applications include manufacturing, commercial, community and agricultural buildings. Each structure is designed to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska, Rensselaer, Indiana and Lancaster, SC.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation/PTO
- 401(k) retirement plan plus company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Financial wellness coaching
- Employee assistance program
- Paid holidays (8)
- Employee discounts
- Education assistances
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**