Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Chief Agri is seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join the Chief team. This position will work from our Kearney Nebraska office and be responsible for designing complete products, preparing and reviewing calculations to support design activity, and coordination of work with outside design resources, other engineers and designers, and operations production team members.
- To perform required calculations for the design of complete products and to review the designs and calculations performed by others.
- To create computer models and drawings for projects. To perform FEA Analysis.
- To coordinate work amongst outside design resources, internal engineers and designers, and operations production departments.
- To visit customer’s sites to evaluate applications and issues. To answer questions from sales personnel and customers. Travel is expected to be 15% or less.
- To create and maintain data in the MRP system.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering required.
- Experience with 3D parametric design software required (Solidworks preferred).
- Experience with engineering analysis software such as Solidworks Simulation, RISA CFS preferred.
- Professional Engineering License a Plus.
- 5+ Years of Engineering experience preferred.
- Experience in Agricultural Industry preferred.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Agri originated in 1961 and offers a full line of aeration and material handling products to help grain producers minimize storage costs and maximize the selling price of their commodities. Manufactured to exacting standards using heavy-duty materials and innovative designs, Chief grain conditioning, handling, and storage systems are sold throughout the world and have a reputation for providing many long years of dependable service.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.