Chief Buildings is seeking a 2nd Shift Packager to join the Chief team. These positions will require heavy lifting and stacking of the product; performs quality inspections of the finish product; and maintains compliance to all quality control procedures.
- Moves materials to paint line loading area with the help of overhead cranes, forklifts and roller conveyors.
- Maintain accurate records on parts bundled or packaged.
- Operates crane to move parts before or after bundling.
- Follows all written processes and procedures, i.e. safety, quality.
- Accurately completes packing slips or other paperwork related to job responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires knowledge of material movement practices with overhead crane. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Capable of reading a tape measure.
- Work efficiently in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- 2nd Shift – 4:30pm – 3:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.