Chief Ethanol Fuels is seeking an Accountant to assist the Controller with month-end closing of financial statements and prepare monthly management reports for the corporate financial meetings. This position will also help oversee budgets and forecasts, payroll, AP and AR, and daily operations of the subsidiary’s accounting department. Review accounting processes and develop efficiencies within the accounting department.
- Accurate and timely completion and dissemination of all work tasks and reports, including but not limited to, internal and corporate monthly financial statements and forecasts, annual audits, and annual budgets.
- Assist in the month end process including journal entry preparation, revenue recognition, financial statement preparation and review, capital spending, and balance sheet reconciliations meeting corporate deadlines.
- Review trial balance accounts verifying their accuracy.
- Prepare management financial report, detailed income statements, chemical inventory, sales and expense analysis, and other month-end reports.
- File any monthly or quarterly feed sales and fuel tax reports with the proper states and on a timely basis.
- Assist the divisional controller in the analysis, preparation and input of the division's annual budget.
- Assist in the preparation of work papers and related information for the yearly audit.
- Monitor ERP system use and implement continuous improvement to maximize system performance.
- Monitor KPIs and look for efficiency opportunities.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required, with a CPA preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience.
- Knowledge of general ledger, budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, depreciation, and cost accounting preferred.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A subsidiary of Chief Industries, Chief Ethanol Fuels, Inc. was Nebraska’s first dry-mill ethanol plant and remains committed to producing renewable fuel and high quality feed today. The plant is a continuous flow Vogelbusch process.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**