Chief Agri is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join the Chief team. This position performs various machine repairs, installation, and maintenance functions on mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment.
- To install, relocate, and remove from service new and existing equipment.
- To repair and perform preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment such as PLC’s, A.C. and D.C. motors, production machinery, engines, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Will read blueprints, schematics, micrometers, tape measures, and wiring diagrams in making repairs and adjustments.
- Will trouble shoot problems and plan necessary repairs, keeping the supervisor informed throughout the process.
- Will wire and troubleshoot electrical circuits and controls.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Technical education and/or experience in industrial maintenance.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of construction; possessing plumbing, concrete, and carpentry skills for building repair or reconstruction strongly preferred.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including weekends and overtime on short notice.
- Ability to perform work from a ladder, scaffolding, and/or Genie lift following all safety requirements.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Will be required to furnish a basic set of hand tools.
- 1st Shift – 6:00am – 4:30pm
- 2nd Shift – 4:15pm – 2:45am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Agri originated in 1961 and offers a full line of aeration and material handling products to help grain producers minimize storage costs and maximize the selling price of their commodities. Manufactured to exacting standards using heavy-duty materials and innovative designs, Chief grain conditioning, handling, and storage systems are sold throughout the world and have a reputation for providing many long years of dependable service.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.