Chief Buildings is seeking Welders to join the Chief team. These positions perform GMAW processes in accordance to AWS structural welding code specifications including D1.1 and D1.3.
- Use submerged arc welding process and associated welding equipment on the Franklin beam line, weld steel plate and bar to produce building frame sub-assemblies
- Interpret all company fabrication drawings pertaining to the Pull Through Beam Welding line; properly set electrical and hydraulic controls for operation to be performed; and maintain proper alignment
- Responsible for the overall quality and quantity of production output on Pull Through Beam Welding line
- Lead, train, and set work pace for assigned employees
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Must be able to use measuring instruments and tape measure
- Must be safety minded, keep area neat and orderly, and comfortable of moving material with overhead cranes
- Must be capable of passing weld certification
- 1-2 years of welding experience preferred
- 2nd Shift – 4:30pm – 3:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.