Chief Agri is seeking a Structural Engineer to join the Chief team. This position will develop custom designs, new products, and analyze process for structural product lines, collaborate with a Structural Analyst to optimize design of connections and members, and collaborate with an international team of structural engineers. Primary job tasks for this role may be completed at a location remote from the company's primary office.
- Uses proven structural engineering techniques to complete projects. Develops new design and process techniques. Must produce consistent, accurate, and timely results with minimal guidance.
- Is able to interpret and implement codes (USA codes: IBC, AISC, AISI, or Eurocode)
- Plans and manages physical tests, optimizes design based on results.
- Creates computer analysist models (RISA or SCIA), is able to work collaboratively with FEA analyst, and reviews designs/calculations performed by others.
- Answers questions from sales personnel and customers. May visit customer’s sites to evaluate applications and issues. Limited travel required, domestic and international (<10%)
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering Required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with engineering analysis software such as Risa or Scia or other structural engineering analysis software highly desired.
- Experience with 3D parametric design software (Solidworks is currently used) required.
- 4+ years of Engineering experience preferred.
- Professional Engineer license preferred.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Agri originated in 1961 and offers a full line of aeration and material handling products to help grain producers minimize storage costs and maximize the selling price of their commodities. Manufactured to exacting standards using heavy-duty materials and innovative designs, Chief grain conditioning, handling, and storage systems are sold throughout the world and have a reputation for providing many long years of dependable service.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.