Chief Industries’ Corporate Office is seeking a Network Administrator to join the Chief team. This position will assist with network related tasks and documentation. 75% of the job would concentrate on the Network and Security Team duties and 25% would be as backup for the Server Team.
- Performs diagnostics of network issues, provides support for service desk staff on escalated cases.
- Maintain and update all network and datacenter environments including writing and monitoring firewall rules, developing system wide ACL’s, configuring Cisco ISE, Cisco ACI and Cisco Layer 3 switches/routers.
- Must be familiar with BGP, VPN, SDWAN, TCP/IP, EIGRP, SCCP and other networking protocols.
- Communicate effectively with clients via phone and email, responding to all alerts, requests, and concerns in a timely fashion. Explaining resolutions, answering questions, and providing professional advice as needed.
- Updates and maintains network documentation, assigned IP addresses, and organize saved device
- Design and implementation of new solutions to improve the resilience of the network infrastructure.
- Assists with the administration and maintenance of IP based telephony systems.
- Assists in supporting network servers and internal corporate server environments.
- For day to day operational tasks such as proactive maintenance, management, monitoring
performance, incident and problem management, and network security across the network infrastructure.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- Four or more years of experience in areas such as network support, switching/routing technologies, firewall/network security configuration, internet protocols like TCP/IP, and physical server and network infrastructure
- A professional certification, such as the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is highly desirable.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
Chief Corporate office is dedicated to supporting our business units by offering human resource, accounting, technology and marketing services. The goal of the corporate office is to be an extension of the business units and offer them unparalleled personal attention to meeting their daily business objectives.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.