Chief Fabrication is seeking a Laser Operator to join the Chief team. This position will set-up, program (as required), and operate laser cutting machines or complete CNC work centers.
- Set-up, operate, and make necessary program modifications on CNC laser cutting machines and complex CNC equipment.
- Utilize precision measuring instruments to check tolerances and assure quality parts.
- Perform authorized routine maintenance on assigned machines.
- Understand and properly interpret blueprints and shop drawings.
- Uses data collection terminal to correctly report shop order data and material logoffs.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires knowledge in the intensive operation, set-up and program modification of Trumpf CNC equipment and fabrication processes gained in 3-5 years’ experience.
- Must be able to interpret shop prints and use precision measuring tools completely.
- 2nd Shift – 3:30pm – 12:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Fabrication is one of the leading midwest providers of custom steel fabrication and powder coating, equipped to make any component. Chief Fabrication is one of the largest operations of its kind between Chicago and Denver, offering such steel fabrication services as stamping, welding, CNC punching, and CNC forming to manufacturers throughout the Midwest. It also offers one of the most state-of-the-art powder coating facilities in the United States.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.