Chief Buildings is seeking a 2nd shift Welder to join our team. This position performs GMAW weld process on production materials in accordance to required specifications.
- Basic understanding of hand tools including tape measure.
- Ability to interpret fabrication drawings and other data sheets for final weld assembly.
- Basic welding skills including torch and grinding is preferred.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Performs all duties in safe and efficient manner, utilizing required safety equipment. Keeps work area neat and orderly. Reports unsafe conditions to supervisors.
- Maintains compliance to all quality control procedures and standards.
- Maximize quantity of assigned work completed.
- Maintain qualifications in accordance with company required AWS certifications.
- Meet or exceed the minimum 85% UT pass ratio requirement.
- Fully knowledgeable of the capacities and proper operation of assigned equipment including knowledge of all applicable company and specific code welding standards and procedures.
- Responsible for machine setup and routine maintenance of assigned machines.
- Capable of performing all processes in the operation, including forklift and overhead crane material handling.
- Properly complete all routine paperwork and computer data entry related to the job responsibilities.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- 2nd Shift - 4:30pm - 3:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of construction solutions for customers located throughout the United State since 1966. Specific applications include manufacturing, commercial, community and agricultural buildings. Each structure is designed to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.