CNC Machine Operator
Chief Buildings is currently seeking a CNC Machine Operator to join the Chief team. This is a 2nd shift position that will require set-up machinery to produce parts from various types of steel. The operator will be tasked with monitoring machinery, inspecting finished parts and make program adjustments when needed. May be required to operator one or more CNC work center in punching, cutting, or forming operations.
- Set-up, operate, and make necessary program modifications
- May operate one or more of the following: CNC punch, CNC press brake and CNC plasma table
- Move material with forklift, overhead cranes, and manual handling as necessary
- Responsible for tooling set-up, if required
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Basic understanding of hand tools including tape measure, squares, protractors
- Strong comprehension and analytical abilities including interpretation to fabrication drawings
- Strong math skills including fractions and decimals
- Strong computer skills and knowledge
- 2nd Shift – 4:30pm – 3:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Nebraska, Indiana, and South Carolina.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**