Chief Buildings is currently seeking Drafting Apprentices. The Drafting Apprentice prepares documents and drawings for plant fabrication and builder erection of materials, based on the order documents, design package, and drafting procedures. Complexity of work will increase based on the Drafting Apprentice’s skills and abilities.
- Develop computer literacy in AutoCAD, MBS, IFS, and other tools/systems available.
- Develop complete familiarity with Chief’s products and procedures
- Prepare erection drawings with accurate part identification, quantities, and complete sections and details for proper installation of materials.
- Prepare legible and easy to comprehend fabrication documents.
- Keep good established communication with all project management, engineering, and drafting department personnel.
- Develop and maintain high productivity rate with low errors and ensure that all projects are completed on or before the scheduled due date.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting or related coursework preferred but not required
- AutoCAD Coursework
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Mathematical Aptitude – Trigonometry coursework preferred
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of construction solutions for customers located throughout the United State since 1966. Specific applications include manufacturing, commercial, community and agricultural buildings. Each structure is designed to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**