Vice President of Engineering
Chief Agri is seeking a Vice President of Engineering to join the Chief team. The Vice President of Engineering has the opportunity to drive company success by providing a level of engineering acumen that identifies design opportunities and industry trends which set Chief Agri apart from the competition. This integral management position is headquartered in our Kearney, Nebraska office and will have oversight responsibility for design and detailing staff at multiple locations. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled visionary leader with the ability to adapt to and challenge others based on industry advancements. This person will have a thorough knowledge of the design process, detailing, fabrication requirements, and will communicate with respect and dignity to all stakeholders in our projects.
- Lead the engineering team to develop innovative and breakthrough solutions to design new products and/or redesign existing products to meet the needs of customers with focus on performance, safety, appearance, and cost effectiveness.
- Recruitment and retention of highly qualified personnel for all engineering department positions. Continued development of personnel with work assignments given based on the individual’s specific strengths.
- Development of engineering technical data to aid the sales department on the proper application and performance of products. Communication with sales and customers to get feedback on product design.
- Provide professional guidance for research and development of parts and components used in conjunction with Chief Agri products. Review of supplier changes to assure those changes do not alter the function of the part in the final product.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Licensed Engineer with a minimum of 10 years of related experience. Structural Engineering experience strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of and hands-on understanding of engineering principles.
- Professional level of competence to supervise and develop others of varying skill/experience levels.
- Ability to provide visionary leadership to adapt to and challenge others based on industry advancements.
- Customer oriented, self-motivated, capable of managing multiple deadlines, highly organized, plus extraordinary communication skills are essential to this role.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Agri originated in 1961 and offers a full line of aeration and material handling products to help grain producers minimize storage costs and maximize the selling price of their commodities. Manufactured to exacting standards using heavy-duty materials and innovative designs, Chief grain conditioning, handling, and storage systems are sold throughout the world and have a reputation for providing many long years of dependable service.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.