Chief Carriers is seeking a Broker/ Sales to join the Chief team. This position will be responsible to develop and maintain new, profitable business for the brokerage operation. Develop our carrier base to meet demands of our direct customers and the demands of all Chief Divisions.
- Develop and maintain new direct customer base that can be brokered or handled by Chief Carriers fleet.
- Develop and expand carrier base for outside customer base and Chief inter-company business.
- Maintain positive relationship with all Chief Carriers departments, Chief divisions, and outside customers.
- Check brokerage payable loads.
- Communicate effectively with all Chief Carriers departments and Chief Divisions.
- Develop any business, including flatbed, van, refrigerated or specialized that can be brokered profitably.
- Communicate with Logistics Manager relative to sales activities and pricing.
- Communicate with Chief Carriers operations department to help define specific areas for customer development.
- General understanding of the sales cycle from prospecting through the closing of a new customer.
- Travel as needed for sales calls on customers or industry related events.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Some post-secondary education preferred.
- Experience preferred, will train the right candidate.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A subsidiary of Chief Industries, Chief Carriers is an irregular-route common and contract motor carrier. Customers depend on Chief Carriers to transport goods to 48 contiguous states because they know we provide quick response, accurate ETA’s, greater cargo security, logistics planning, and electronic data interchange support.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**