Driver Business Leader / Advisor
Chief Carriers is seeking a Driver Business Leader / Advisor to join the Chief team. This position provides operational leadership to an assigned group of drivers to ensure the needs of all Chief Carriers stakeholders are met. Will confirm safe and timely delivery of freight while creating an outstanding work environment for our professional drivers.
- Confirm drivers have consistent miles week to week.
- Monitor HOS use to help maximize driver productivity and earnings potential.
- Pre-plan inbound drivers at least 24 hours in advance of arrival to terminal.
- Assist in scheduling preventative maintenance on equipment to minimize down time.
- Offer the driver load options when available. Assign loads when necessary to maximize productivity of assets and meet customer needs.
- Authorize driver layover pay, breakdown pay, mini-pay along with any accessorial pay due.
- Create and sustain an outstanding professional work environment for our drivers.
- Pre-plan, schedule, and monitor regular driver home time, vacations, and holidays.
- Monitor weekly gross/net pay of driver to ensure accuracy and driver minimum needs are being met consistently.
- Treat drivers as our most valuable asset because they are. Work to resolve issues in the best interest of Chief and our people.
- Create a safe work environment for the driver and their family.
- Responsible for keeping drivers compliant and safe. Uphold all company policies and DOT regulations.
- Responsible for on-time performance of assigned fleet of trucks.
- Identify potential delivery problems early and communicate with all internal and external customers on best ETA or solution to issue.
- Coach drivers where needed in key areas of performance such as productivity, time management, and communication.
- Identify driver career goals and formulate a plan to help them reach them.
- Help cultivate ambitious or interested drivers into owner operator program.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a related field.
- Previous management or coaching experience required.
- Excellent listening, customer service relations, and communication skills.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A subsidiary of Chief Industries, Chief Carriers is an irregular-route common and contract motor carrier. Customers depend on Chief Carriers to transport goods to 48 contiguous states because they know we provide quick response, accurate ETA’s, greater cargo security, logistics planning, and electronic data interchange support.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.