Chief Buildings is currently seeking a 1st shift maintenance trainee. This person will work alongside fully qualified maintenance personnel to learn the skills of the trade. As a maintenance trainee, your responsibilities are to assist with a variety of duties, including installing equipment, maintaining mechanical systems, and repairing machines.
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Basic welding experience preferred but not required.
- Basic computer, basic math and good writing skills.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Performs all duties in safe and efficient manner, utilizing required safety equipment. Keeps work area neat and orderly. Repairs unsafe conditions. Properly utilizes PPE and lock out / tag out.
- Assists with troubleshooting and repairing industrial equipment.
- Available to assist in performing construction, plumbing, concrete and carpentry for building repair or reconstruction.
- Requisitions needed parts and supplies.
- Good time management and communication skills.
- Capable of lifting up to 70 pounds and working at heights of 20 feet.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Properly complete all routine paperwork and computer data entry related to the job responsibilities.
- 1st Shift – 6:00am – 4:30pm
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.