HR Payroll Administrator
Chief Ethanol Fuels is seeking an HR Payroll Administrator to join the Chief team. This position is responsible for the administration of HR and benefits. You will help recruit employees and conduct all new hire orientations and onboarding. You will be the Human Resource point of contact for the employees at Chief Ethanol Fuels locations in Hastings and Lexington.
- Review, authorize, and submit weekly payroll.
- Conduct new hire orientation and onboarding.
- Maintain an understanding of Chief’s employee handbook and company policies and how they apply to the workplace.
- Update personnel accounts, process pay adjustments, and make organizational changes in UKG.
- Maintain employee records on vacation, personal time off, leaves of absence, FMLA, short term disability, etc.
- Assist hiring managers with the hiring process by reviewing employment applications, scheduling interviews, screening candidates, and extending offers of employment.
- Utilize various recruiting methods to meet staffing needs, including attending career fairs, coordinating media advertising, and working with job placement agencies.
- Lead and coordinate marketing efforts to produce content and literature for various social media platforms, including recruiting and events.
- Serve as point of contact for applicants with questions regarding openings, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, and opportunities for growth.
- Address employee relation issues such as harassment allegations, complaints, and other concerns.
- Assess staff engagement levels on a regular basis through engagement surveys, anniversary surveys, performance reviews, the suggestion box, and conversations with staff.
- Organize and coordinate various company-sponsored engagement events.
- Actively participate in Chief HR group meetings and represent Chief Ethanol in corporate HR employee events/activities.
- Ensure confidentiality for all personnel related information.
- Professionally represent Chief Ethanol in various levels of business and community interactions.
- Conduct and coordinate special training sessions covering topics such as harassment, workplace violence, etc.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field
- Minimum one year experience in HR/personnel/benefits
- Experience with employee recruitment and retention
- Experience coordinating company functions and events
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A subsidiary of Chief Industries, Chief Ethanol is committed to producing quality renewable fuel, and produces approximately 140 million gallons of ethanol annually. Chief Ethanol Fuels, Inc. was Nebraska’s first dry-mill ethanol plant and remains committed to producing renewable fuel and high-quality feed today. The plant is a continuous flow Vogelbusch process.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation/PTO
- 401(k) retirement plan plus company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Financial wellness coaching
- Employee assistance program
- Paid holidays (8)
- Employee discounts
- Education assistances
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**