Help Desk Support Technician
Chief Industries’ Corporate Office is seeking a Help Desk Support Technician to join the Chief team. This position will be working one on one with other employees helping to solve computer related issues. It is required that good communication skills be used.
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email, and chat.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from end-users for clarity of issues.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician, when required.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Deploy pre-packaged software using distribution tools and processes as requested by end users.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Strong customer service and collaboration skills
- Entry level position; willing to train the right candidate
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science or field preferred
- Additional certifications are a plus
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
Chief Corporate office is dedicated to supporting our business units by offering human resource, accounting, technology, and marketing services. The goal of the corporate office is to be an extension of the business units and offer them unparalleled personal attention to meeting their daily business objectives.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**