Chief Ethanol Fuels is seeking a Commodities Director to join the Chief team. This position will work closely with the General Manager to develop, communicate and implement short and long-term strategic goals that will maximize efficiencies and profitability of the Ethanol division. Directly responsible for ethanol sales and execution at both Chief plants. Market all co product production at the Hastings’ facility. Oversee corn purchasing at both plants and feed sales at the Lexington plant.
- Develop a risk management policy.
- Market all ethanol production and co product production at the Hastings’ facility.
- Develop and implement marketing, purchasing and logistical strategies for each commodity.
- Work closely with the General Manager to develop, communicate and implement policies and procedures to maximize efficiencies and profitability of the division.
- Analyze current and future market conditions and communicate market trend opinions to executive management.
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships with suppliers, customers and industry contacts.
- Continually look for ways to improve procedures and processes.
- Be aware of existing and proposed regulations to ensure Chief remains in compliance with all state and federal agency regulations.
- Supervise commodities team.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- 5-10 years of ethanol industry experience is preferred
- Requires extensive knowledge of industry concepts, principles and practices
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A subsidiary of Chief Industries, Chief Ethanol is committed to producing quality renewable fuel, and produces approximately 140 million gallons of ethanol annually. Chief Ethanol Fuels, Inc. was Nebraska’s first dry-mill ethanol plant and remains committed to producing renewable fuel and high quality feed today. The plant is a continuous flow Vogelbusch process.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.