Chief Construction is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join the Chief team. Will perform general clerical and administrative duties as the front desk Administrative Assistant for Chief Construction and Heartland Electric. Will professionally greet and coordinate reception of all onsite visitors, customers, employees, and outside division personnel. Will assist General Manager, all levels of management, and staff with administrative support.
- Professionally answer all incoming phone calls for Chief Construction and Heartland Electric divisions. Transfer or message proper staff members. Understand phone system and train staff on phone system operations.
- Responsible for maintaining all conference room schedules, confirming requestor’s equipment/supply needs, general meeting preparation and room upkeep. Provide technical assistance for conference room meeting coordinators/attendees as needed.
- Serve as initial point of contact for facility service vendors and maintenance providers.
- Provide backup assistance for other duties as assigned including but not limited to on-line purchasing card system.
- Update selected excel worksheet information.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires knowledge of office routines, operation of office equipment such as computer, fax machine, copier/printers, calculator
- 2-3 years’ related experience or the equivalent
- Must have strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Products, specifically Microsoft Excel.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
Heartland Electric is an entity under Chief Construction within the Chief Industries, Inc. family. Heartland Electric has served all of Greater Nebraska including Grand Island, Hastings and Kearney communities since 1988. As a full-service electrical company, Heartland Electric offers expert service for all of your residential, commercial, new construction and industrial electrical needs. Our goal is to provide our customers with the best 24/7 service and support in the industry.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.