Chief Construction is seeking a Project Superintendent in the North Platte area. This position will help develop and execute the plan for how the project will be built. Plan and oversee all scopes of assigned project and assist in pre-planning for every stage of the project from pre-construction to post-construction to meet the goals set by the project schedule, within budget, and quality.
- Supervise project trades to coordinate day to day project operations. Resolve conflicts regarding procedures, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment and scheduling.
- Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules. Create, manage, and implement the project schedule as per General Superintendent and/or Project Manager. Communicate schedules to sub-contractors and suppliers. All to be documented on current Construction Management platform.
- Responsible for documentation on the project and maintain organized filing system. Upgrade drawings, logs, and inspection notebooks. All to be documented on current Construction Management platform.
- Prepare daily reports to document weather and field conditions, trade and subcontractor manpower, progress and conditions impacting the project. All to be documented on current Construction Management platform.
- Track and manage budget and costs from the project manager, monitor labor, material, and equipment.
- Conduct regular safety inspections and maintain a safe and clean worksite for employees, subcontractors, and the public. All to be documented on current Construction Management platform.
- Supervise and develop Assistant Superintendents and / or interns, as assigned.
- Develop strong relationships with owners, owner representatives, and design professionals on schedules, problems, or other significant matter.
- Supervise the construction of the project in strict accordance with the contract documents and to ensure that high quality work is performed.
- Manage the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion. All to be documented on current Construction Management platform.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 6-10 years’ experience in construction projects
- Work experience in commercial construction preferred
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.