Chief Buildings is currently seeking a Shipping Coordinator to join the Chief team. This is a first shift position. The Shipping Coordinator properly coordinates loads, labels, documents finished products and other materials requiring shipment onto flatbed or enclosed container trailers.
- Assures that correct quantities are being staged and shipped to the proper location.
- Performs all duties in safe and efficient manner, utilizing required safety equipment. Keeps work area neat and orderly. Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Maintains compliance to all quality control procedures and standards.
- Maximize quantity of assigned work completed.
- Fully knowledgeable of the capacities and proper operation of assigned equipment.
- Properly complete all routine paperwork and computer data entry related to the job responsibilities.
- May operator one or more of the following: forklift, overhead cranes, shag tractor & trailer, and other material handling equipment.
- Will assist in loading and/or working from trailers.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Requires knowledge of shipping/receiving processes, material handling equipment including forklifts, overhead cranes, and industrial shag tractor/trailer combinations.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic understanding of hand tools including tape measures and calculators.
- Ability to interpret drawings and other available information to help in calculating weights and utilization of proper lifting devices.
- Capable of lifting to 70 pounds.
- Good communication skills required.
- 1st Shift – 6:00am – 4:30pm
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,200 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches, and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Nebraska, Indiana, and South Carolina.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.
**Chief Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the basis of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees and applicants with a work atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on professional demand, job requirements and qualifications, without regard to color, race, family status, religion or belief, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the settings in which work is being completed. Chief Industries Inc. will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Chief Industries Inc. encourages all to apply for any available jobs. If you need additional assistance with the application process, please call 308-389-7200.**