Chief Buildings is seeking a 2nd shift Welder to join the Chief team. This position performs GMAW process's in accordance to AWS structural welding code specifications including D1.1 and D1.3.
- Perform advanced welding processes on raw steel per print specifications
- Move material as needed using carts and overhead cranes
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner utilizing required safety equipment and following safety policies
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Must be able to interpret prints and use measuring instruments, tape measure, weld gages, etc.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds
- Requires knowledge of welding processes, and can read and interpret mechanical drawings generally gained in 1-2 years of trade school and/or 3-5 years of related experience or the equivalent. We will consider a candidate that has limited experience that is motivated and wants to learn.
- 2nd Shift – 4:30pm – 3:00am
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Buildings has designed and manufactured a wide variety of metal buildings including multi-story offices, churches and schools, as well as buildings for retail businesses and industrial use since 1966. Every building is customized to meet the needs of the customer. Chief Buildings are sold by authorized builders throughout the United States, and are manufactured in Grand Island, Nebraska and Rensselaer, Indiana.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.